Monday, April 1, 2013

Dog Poems



In class today we went over the dog poems Sweeney assigned us to read over the weekend. At first I was thinking okay, what the world are dog poems. When we discussed the poems we were told that the poems were told in the dogs' perspective, so it was like the dog wrote the poem. In a way it is kind of weird because I've never read such a thing. The poem I liked the most was Beau: Golden Retrievals, to me it was about a dog bringing his owner from the past to the present. The dog and his owner are walking in the park while the dog is focusing on the present the owner is more focused on the past. The dog barks at his owner to try to snap him back into the present. Reading that poem makes me think of when I was younger and used to try to understand and make up what I thought my dog thought about me, my family, and other things that was going on. Also, when I was younger when I used to leave my dog in the house alone I used to turn on the movie Air Bud so he’d have something to do while I was gone, I wonder what he thought about that. 

2 comments:

  1. I liked this poem, too. I felt the dog was helping out the owner by snapping him back into reality. Cute picture by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh sis the poems must have made you think of your own dog.

    ReplyDelete