Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Poetry


So I'm guessing we are wrapping up the poetry section of class now. The poems we've read were pretty good actually compared to the previous ones I've read throughout high school. At first when we got to the poetry section I thought we'd be reading a lot of older poems and just poems that I wouldn't be able to understand. I think its cool how one simple little poem with very few lines and have several meanings and interpretations. Also, poetry can have various styles, which I like since when I normally think of poetry I think of long sad poems. I actually got a little excited when I started reading the poems and could understand them, because I think I try too hard to analyze the poems while the meaning is right in front of my face, which I realize that a lot of people do the same. When I read poetry I think the meaning is supposed to always have deep meanings or meanings along the inspiration line. To me my favorite poem that we've read for homework/in class was We Real Cool by Gwendolyn Brooks. Not just because it was short in length but because it was short but straight to the point and it was about teens back years ago and I thought it was cool that the poem has the meaning in today’s time.

No comments:

Post a Comment